You may want to read this: AMD Catalyst 11.11 vs AMD Catalyst 11.11a Performance Driver.
Driver Packaging Version: 8.911.1-111118a-128935E-ATI
Catalyst Version: 11.11
2D Driver Version: 8.01.01.1207
Direct3D Version: 7.14.10.0873
OpenGL Version: 188.8.131.5259
Catalyst Control Center Version: 2011.1118.1702.30493
AMD Audio Driver Version: 184.108.40.20602
AMD Catalyst 11.11a performance driver features:
Batman Arkham City
- Improves DirectX 11 performance for single GPU configurations.
- Delivers AMD CrossfireX performance scaling.
Resolves a number of image / stability issues seen with the title:
- Fix geometry corruption, sometimes seen in Bash TV entrance.
- Fix issues with Low-memory conditions on 32bit systems.
- Fix issue with extreme corruption with missing textures on 32bit systems.
- Fix memory leaks when deleting/reusing sync objects.
- Fix hitching and pausing, especially noticeable on some Quad Core systems when doing races and Stanley Express runs.
- Fix some missing shadows.
- Improves performance 2-7% on single GPU configurations.
- Resolve corruption seen when enabling Multi-Sample Anti-Aliasing on the AMD Radeon HD 6970 Series.
- Disables CrossFireX (to resolve negative scaling and image quality issues seen when CrossFireX is enabled).
- AMD is continuing to work on a CrossFireX solution for Skyrim – as soon as it’s ready we’ll make it publicly available.
- Resolves intermittent corruption seen when playing the game at specific camera angles.
This article applies to the following configuration(s):
- Batman Arkham City
- Battlefield 3
- Elder Scrolls : Skyrim
- AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
- AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
- Windows® 7 32-bit Edition
- Windows® 7 64-bit Edition
- Windows® XP 32-bit Edition
- Windows® XP 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista 32-bit Edition
- Windows Vista 64-bit edition